Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Garage Sale

The last few weeks I have been super busy getting ready for a garage sale that my neighbor wanted to have at the last minute (literally, she gave me 5 days warning!). It was nice doing my first garage sale with someone else, and the short notice actually worked to my advantage as incentive. :) I did a lot of research on how to make your garage sale great, worked up some fair prices for my stuff, made some legible and easy-to-read posters for the town, and set up shop in the garage. The one thing my neighbor failed to mention (until it was already too late) was that our garage sale was during our county fair. So our turnout wasn't as good as expected, but part of that was probably also because it was too late in the season. Oh well. Live and learn. I got a lot of great experience for the next one. :) Jon created a great little set-up for me and Evan. I got to work on my computer during slow parts of the day, Evan was set up in his pack 'n play with DVD and toys...and I even had a refrigerated cooler with all of our food to minimize my trips inside the house during the day. :) Evan was such a good boy to be cooped up for so long during the day. And he really enjoyed it when the neighbor kids came to play with him. Here are a few pics from the weekend:
We decided to keep it in the garage in case it rained (which it did the last day) so I wouldn't have to try to move everything inside by myself.

Evan's clothes were a pretty hot item...and so were my crayon roll-ups! :)
Most of the kitchen stuff went...but not the books...

Believe it or not, JON'S clothes sold the best! (then Evan's, then mine...)

Evan likes to play rough with our neighbor, Jaden.

2 comments:

  1. One word: PERFECTIONIST! lol I can't get over all the signs and the meticulous organization! Oh Lani - I love you so much and miss you terribly! I think it's so funny that you researched rummaging before you threw your stuff out there. You always do things 110% - one of your many great qualities (but I still have to chuckle!) :) Is that tupperware you were selling? Did you name your business? How much did you sell your baby crafts for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well if you are ever going to have a garage sale, i can just email you my files...i kept them all for next year! :)

    ReplyDelete