Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Winter Retreat 2008

Feb 8-10 Jon and I took 14 youth on their first Winter Retreat to Camp Omega in southern MN. Despite all odds (no offense to those of you who may have worked there previously), the kids managed to have a great time. Let's just say it was kind of hard to "Be still and know I am God" when you have "musical elephants" (also known as loud and wild 6th graders) prancing around on the floor above you...did I mention that the floor amplified every step? But that was merely the icing on the cake...Anyway, I digress. The theme of the retreat was "I AM" based on the study about having a relationship with an invisible God put out by bluefishtv.com. (It's an awesome resource for relevant videos, all you church workers out there!). There were four main group sessions, each with their own small group discussions, we had lots of fun and crazy ice breakers and games, we enjoyed tubing (thankfully right before the temps dropped to 40 below zero wind chill factor!), and we had awesome worship! Enjoy the pictures from our fun excursion (and our 2nd away trip from Evan...we're getting good at those! :) ) And take special notice of the pictures of my frozen hair...Oh, Spring! Come soon!! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment