Sunday, February 3, 2008

Evan's Words

Evan has really started talking in the last couple of weeks! It's so amazing to watch him listen to what Mommy and Daddy are saying and then try to sound it out for himself. I think this is truly one of my favorite moments in parenting! Here's what he's saying:

  • crash! (he likes to play with his trucks!)
  • color (he loves to draw!)
  • yellow (although he only says it after me...he doesn't realize which one is yellow yet)
  • tickle, tickle, tickle! (he's been saying this one for a while now...and he knows when he's being tickled and when he wants to tickle other people)
  • yes! (hallelujah--he doesn't know "no" yet!)
  • bad dog! (he's been hearing that one a lot recently with our potty training efforts...)
  • kitty (he's fascinated with petting their soft fur, but often has to be reminded to be gentle!)
  • ma ma
  • dad dad
  • pa pa (for grandpa)
  • this (when he's pointing to something)

On a funny note, the other day as we were getting ready to leave for Bethany's house, I accidentally pulled his hat down over his eyes, and I could have sworn I heard him say, "I can't see!" But wow, that would be pretty amazing, and he hasn't said anything like that since... :)

He has also started shaking his head "yes" and "no" to let us know what he does or doesn't want. It's so awesome to have decent communication with him! I just wish he could tell me when he doesn't feel good--we've been cleaning up "both-ends disease" for the last three days. Yuck!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that he yells "HI" when he doesn't like something. Hahahahaha! What a big boy to be saying so many words!!!

    ReplyDelete