So speaking of confirmation, I want to share the cards I made for our kids with my viewing audience. I'm pretty excited about them...and wondering if I should make more of a habit out of my love for card-making crafts. I can't tell you exactly what inspired my idea for this card. I did get a lot of paper cut art when I lived in China, but I'd mostly have to say it was the Holy Spirit. I found a couple pictures of doves to get proportion ideas, sketched out a drawing on paper, then copied that idea on tracing paper (the best idea I took from Margie Bell's art class!), which allowed me to lightly scratch that image onto several pieces of paper. By the time I was half way through with the cards, I realized I could scan that image and insert it on a word document to save myself the trouble, so I did that and now have the image for later use. Then I cut out the design with a plain-old utility knife. And glued a colored piece of paper to the back of the front flap of the card. It wasn't until my project was done and my fingers were killing me that I caved and bought myself a nicer set for crafty projects...so now I'm working on a set of cards for next year! :)
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



very beautiful, Lani!
ReplyDelete