Thursday, January 31, 2008

Visiting the Blechacz Family

Last weekend, while Jon was away at a staff retreat, Evan and I drove out to Port Washington, WI, to visit Phil, Bethany, and Lily. I enjoy our visits so much! God really has a way to speak to me through Bethany, so it is always a real treat! Last September she and Lily came out to help us paint our new house, so it was rightly our turn to visit them! While we were there, we enjoyed many deep discussions, excellent coffee (yum!), great food!, good stories, watching our little ones play together, awesome worship, bargain shopping, and working on a craft project--the guest book for my sister Shana's wedding (coming soon--June 7, 2008!). Bethany has been such a blessing in my life. It's quite amazing how God put us together, really. We met at CUW my junior year. She was getting ready for her wedding, and I was falling in love with Jon. I think we only had one class together. I can't remember for sure what happened, but what I can remember is that pretty soon Bethany and I would meet up after our night class (reading something or other?) and talk for hours. I was able to attend her wedding, and she was an attendant in mine. It's amazing how similar our life stories have been the last few years. I graduated a bit before her, she got married a bit before me, I had Evan a bit before she had Lily, and she bought her first house a bit before we bought ours. It has been an incredibly uplifting experience to be able to share our highs and lows together! I can honestly say that I never imagined that such a friendship could exist! Here are some pictures from our fun weekend. Bethany, I can't wait until we can do this again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment